The Wireless Age is currently seeking an Senior Technician to join our TWA Solutions Team.
- In the role of Senior Technician you would be responsible for the planning and execution of radio/wireless communications system installations, as well as follow-up maintenance and repairs with a focus on Motorola and Icom systems. You have creative ways to troubleshoot and problem solve, with the ability to work under deadlines, and strong interpersonal skills for use with customer service issues. If this sounds like you, join the TWA Solutions Team!
- Provide site surveys and assessments
- Installation of radio communications systems (from planning to scheduling and execution)
- Testing, inspection and maintenance of wireless equipment
- Maintenance and repair of rental fleet
- Design, testing and repair of antenna and combining equipment
- Knowledge and experience working with Motorola and Icom radio lines (including repeaters, trunking, analog/digital, CAP MAX, CAP Plus, Connect Plus etc)
- Knowledge and experience working with underground communications equipment and systems
- Upgrade Software and Firmware and various Wireless Communication Equipment
- Provide Preventative Maintenance on Major Radio Systems
- Inventory management for the service department
Your average day may involve repairs or installations of the following: Motorola and Icom communications equipment, BDA and Wireless Boosters, Cambium Equipment, Communication/Emergency equipment in emergency vehicles.
- 2 years of technical or trade school (specializing in radio communications)
- 5 or more years experience in radio communications (or related fields)
- Skilled in repair, programming and installations of two-way radios, antenna, and antenna systems
- Must be comfortable working with and maintaining small power tools and hand tools
- Comfortable working at heights on lifts, rooftops, ladders
- Ability to lift, carry or push 50 lbs or 23 KG
- Strong people skills, good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Efficient, self motivated, excellent critical thinking skills
- Valid Canadian drivers license
- Ability to learn and operate multiple applications
- Must be able to pass a Security, Criminal, and Background Checks
- Must be able to pass a Drug and Alcohol Screening
- Proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Office and computer databases
TWA Solutions Offers:
- Competitive Wages
- Company Benefit Plan (Dental, Disability, Vision, Extended Health Care, Life Insurance.)
- Pension Plan
- Great Team Atmosphere
- On the job training
- Manufacturer-provided training
- Opportunity to advance and grow within the company
Operating since 1991, The Wireless Age services both retail and corporate clients with Wireless Communication Solutions and Service.
Our Business Solutions division, TWA Solutions, offers two-way radio and other specialized communications solutions to businesses in a variety of industries. We are Recognized by Motorola as Safety Reimagined Designation. TWA Solutions focuses specifically on the unique needs of radio communications users, which are primarily those in industry and public safety. This has allowed the group to focus on the unique needs of these specific customers and those solutions and partnerships that focus entirely on the needs of that specific type of customer, which are mission critical communications. As our partner Motorola would say, this allows us to “Help our Customers be at their Best in the Moments that Matter.” TWA have partnered with Motorola, ICOM, Cambium, PBE and other companies to provide a solution for any type of communication requirements.
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Senior Technician (Please specify either Regina or Saskatoon)
We are always on the lookout for people that are driven and looking to expand their potential. If this listing doesn't fit you, there may be one in the future! Feel free to forward your resume to email@example.com!